Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Summertime Thunderstorms

The summers up here have something that I missed when I lived down in the valley. Summertime thunderstorms. We got to enjoy one yesterday evening - complete with dark clouds, big booming claps of thunder and even a rainbow. While yesterday was not "hot" compared to my weekend spent down in Paradise, it was still warm, and the storm brought in a really nice cool wind and slightly cooler temps. Plus... oh that smell!!!

As it started to roll in from the east I had high hopes that we'd get a little rainfall. I could see it but the rain never really hit us.

See the two little black things on the power line - those are our resident swallows. They were VERY unhappy about all of this.

There was also a rainbow that I could see both ends of ..... unfortunately, I couldn't get enough distance to capture both ends in the same shot - unless of course I wanted to hop in the car & drive down the road a few miles... and well, that just wasn't gonna happen.

The "sunset" was pretty spectacular as well, I love when it lights up the backs of the clouds like this.

All the wildlife tends to get a little riled up when these come through.... there were birds flying around all disoriented - like they didn't really know where they wanted to be, only that they wanted to be somewhere ELSE....
 
Yesterday's storm was pretty mild..... I'm hoping that we get one that will rattle the windows soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment